Hello, WisCorps friends, partners, and stakeholders,
During these trying times, the safety of our staff, crews, participants, and partners is our top priority. Our staff has developed a strategy to move forward, and we are working hard to maintain our program season schedule and structure as best as we can, and to communicate all relevant changes to you in the most accurate and timely manner possible.
As you know, the COVID-19 virus has brought about many challenging implications in a rapid period of time. We are doing our best to be a part of the solution in containing the COVID-19 virus spread. WisCorps is following the recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control, as well as from the City of La Crosse, and the State of Wisconsin, and is making changes as needed.
1. Remote Work: All WisCorps staff are telecommuting as of Friday, March 20. Please do not hesitate to contact our staff via phone, 608-782-2494, and leave a message or via email. Staff are monitoring calls on a regular basis and are responding to emails. We will respond to your inquiries as quickly as we can.
For more information, please contact:
Matt Brantner, Executive Director, firstname.lastname@example.org
Deb Ward, Director of Development, email@example.com
Steph Hanna, Environmental Education Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org
Andrea Frisch, Conservation Program Manager, email@example.com
Chad DuChateau, Operations Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org
Matt Gaworski, AmeriCorps Program Manager, email@example.com
Tammy Schmitz, Myrick Park Center General Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org
Emily Post, Administrative Coordinator, email@example.com
2. Events at Myrick Park Center: The facility will be closed through April 26 with the exception of the election on April 7. We anticipate reopening on April 27, 2020. We have been working with reservations impacted by these changes. For full details on Myrick Park Center updates due to COVID-19 and COVID-19 FAQ’s about Reservations, visit myrickparkcenter.org.
3. EE Program Update: Our Environmental Education programs for children and adults have been temporarily suspended due to the closures of school districts and the Myrick Park Center. Be sure to check our website and Facebook page regularly for Environmental Education resources.
4. Conservation Projects: We have canceled our Spring crews which were slated to begin this week, but we are in the process of looking at rescheduling the planned projects for this Fall. We are continuing to hire individuals to staff our crews for our scheduled summer projects realizing that the spread of the COVID-19 virus in the upcoming weeks may impact our plans. We will monitor information and make decisions based on the recommendations of local, state, and federal officials.
5. The WisCorps Giving Day scheduled for April 22 has been canceled. If you can donate any amount to WisCorps at this time, please visit our website at www.wiscorps.org or click the button below. Your gift will be deeply appreciated. WisCorps development staff are monitoring the availability of COVID-19 funding opportunities such as grants and loans, as they become available and will be making submission decisions based on the type of opportunity and WisCorps’ eligibility. We will continue to keep you updated via social media, email, and our website as the situation progresses. In the meantime…BE WELL…STAY HOME…STAY IN TOUCH
The Myrick Park Center is nestled into a beautifully unique location showcasing La Crosse’s blufflands, wetlands, woodlands, and native prairies. The center is located in Myrick Park on 789 Myrick Park Drive, directly bordering the La Crosse River Marsh, stunning bluff views, and trail access to Hixon Forest. This beautiful location makes it easy to forget it is centrally located within the city La Crosse, only 5 minutes from downtown.
Find out more at: https://wiscorps.org/renting-the-myrick-park-center-supports-wiscorps/
Myrick Park Center reservations support WisCorps.
No School Day Nature Programs|$35/Child
No school? No problem! Come join us at WisCorps on the following No School Days to keep the brain and body moving. We offer themed learning days incorporating indoor and outdoor activities with our nature teachers. Snack will be provided, please bring your own lunch and dress for the weather. This program is intended for pre-K to 5th grade and space is limited!
Mon. Jan 20|8-3:30PM Winter Nature Heroes
Fri. Feb 14|8-3:30PM Winter Wonderland
Fri. March 6|8-3:30PM Full STEAM Ahead Nature Day
*We offer extended programming from 7:45-8 AM & 3:30-5PM (Additional $5 per session)
The WisCorps Environmental Education Program’s goal is to provide as much access to our lessons on the natural world as possible. In order to reach school groups that are unable to visit our home base in the Myrick Park Center, we have established The CritterMobile, a roving habitat for native animals and source of creative environmental lessons. The CritterMobile operates in association with the programs that WisCorps staff facilitate in and around the Myrick Park Center.