Position Title: Program Coordinator – Inclusive Crew Program
Position Type: Full Time, Temporary (March – September) *with possibility of extension to year-round
Location: La Crosse, WI
Benefits: Competitive pay, health, paid time off, & an excellent work environment
To Apply: Email cover letter & résumé with references to Matt Brantner at firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: Application materials are due by 5:00 p.m. (CST) on Friday, February 17th 2017
The Inclusive Crew Program Coordinator will be responsible for the development of an Inclusive Crew program at WisCorps to help youth and young adults with a disability achieve success in the workplace and gain skills necessary for living independently. The development of the WisCorps Inclusive Crew program will culminate with a four-week Inclusive Crew focused on completing neighborhood revitalization and conservation projects in the greater La Crosse area.
In addition, the Inclusive Crew Program Coordinator will be responsible for helping to develop a Connections Team – a steering committee made up of members from agencies and organizations representing individuals with disabilities in the area. The Program Coordinator will liason with the Connections Team to help develop the program, identify and recruit eligible youth, accommodate each individual youth on the crew, and to support each youth once the crew is complete.
The Inclusive Crew Coordinator will work closely with the Execuitive Director and Operations Director on the overall vision, direction and implementation of the WisCorps Inclusive Crew program.
Extensive travel, as well as some weekends and evenings will be required throughout the course of the position, with an additional requirement to lead the four week residential Inclusive Crew from June 16th – July 15th 2017 (requires 24/7 commitment).
WisCorps is a 501(c)(3) non-profit conservation corps that provides a valuable service to local communities and the environment by engaging youth and young adults in direct conservation and community revitalization projects across the state of Wisconsin and the Upper Midwest.
Inclusive Crew Program Coordinator Responsibilities:
- Responsible for overall development and implementation of the Inclusive Crew Program
- Help to develop a Connections Team made of representatives from partnering agencies
- Liason with the Connections Team to develop the program, recruit youth, and accommodate youth
- Develop and implement a marketing plan for the WisCorps Inclusive Crew program
- Utilize flyers, mailings, advertisements, social media and other tools to meet recruitment goals
- Ensure that all marketing materials are accessible to indivdiuals with a disability
- Work with agency partners to develop projects for the four week Inclusive Crew
- Ensure that potential participants are knowlegable about the Inclusive Crew program
- Lead the residential Inclusive Crew from June 16th – July 15th (requires 24/7 committment)
- Train and supervise an Assistant Crew Leader for the Inclusive Crew
- Remain drug free and refrain from use of alcohol or tobacco while on duty, onsite, or in uniform
- Communicate to their supervisor any problems, successes, or program updates
- Perform other duties as needed in support of the Inclusive Crew or other WisCorps programs
Inclusive Crew Program Coordinator Qualifications:
- Extensive interpersonal and communication skills, both written and oral – a must
- Desire to work with youth or young adults with a disability – a must
- Degree or related experience working with individuals with a disability – preferred
- Experience in leading youth in a residential setting – preferred
- Demonstrated effectiveness as a liason between multiple agency partners
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail
- Creative individual with the ability to develop and implement a marketing plan and materials
- Highly self-motivated, hardworking, confident, autonomous, and energetic
- Has a sense of humor, able to think creatively outside of the box
- Willingness to accept constructive criticism
- Good driving record and a valid driver’s license
- Ready to undergo a criminal background check
- Believes in the WisCorps mission and willing to implement WisCorps policies and procedures
Email cover letter, résumé, and references to Matt Brantner at email@example.com
WisCorps, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and service provider. Qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, sexual orientation, national origin, age, ethnic identity, disability, handicap, marital status or veteran status. If you have a disability and need to access this information in an alternative format, or need it translated to another language, please contact us at (608) 782-2494, fax at (608) 782-0606, email at firstname.lastname@example.org, and TDD/TTY or the Wisconsin Relay number at 7-1-1.
To download a pdf of this job description, click here.