Position Type: Full-time /Seasonal
Location: Several locations in Western Wisconsin – Housing Provided
Compensation: $450 – $500 per week, plus room & board
For More Info: Contact Willie Bittner at 608-799-2567 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The WisCorps WORKS Program is offered as a work-readiness training program for eligible out-of-school youth and young adults, ages 16-24, in the following counties:
- La Crosse
Working closely with the Program’s Youth Services Coordinators, the Crew Leader is responsible for maintaining day-to-day crew policies, crew safety, high quality work, community building, and participant’s personal and professional development.
The WisCorps WORKS day crews typically work Monday through Friday from 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM. They are county-based and consist of up to 6 participants.
Crew Leader Responsibilities:
- Supervise, motivate, and mentor a crew of up to 6 youth and young adults
- Oversee work projects, safety, care, and well-being of your crew at all times while on duty.
- Ensure and enforce all WisCorps WORKS program policies
- Communicate any and all participant issues immediately
- Document any and all incidents, injuries, and illnesses as directed
- Remain drug, tobacco, and alcohol free at all times while on duty
Crew Leader Qualifications
- Have an understanding and experience working with at-risk youth and young adults
- Can confidently maintain a disciplined environment
- Is resilient and has a good sense of humor
- Is able to problem-solve, make decisions, and think creatively
- Have excellent oral and written communication skills
- Possesses a valid driver’s license and have an excellent driving record
- Prepared to undergo a criminal background check
- A background in sociology, teaching, criminal justice, psychology, or related field a plus
Apply online with the link above or send a completed application, along with a cover letter and résumé to Willie Bittner at email@example.com or mail to 789 Myrick Park Drive, La Crosse, WI 54601.