Do you have a high priority conservation project to complete?
WisCorps can provide crew services to municipalities, agencies, tribes, and non-profit organizations in need of short term labor solutions that are flexible enough to fit into tight operating budgets.
Each crew is fully trained and equipped to take on a variety of conservation projects such as: new trail construction, trail restoration, stream bank stabilization, reforestation, and invasive species management.
WisCorps crews are available for hire on a weekly or monthly basis during the spring, summer and fall. We anticipate having a total of 75 crew weeks available for hire in 2019.
- A crew of 4-5 Corps Members
- 2 experienced adult Crew Leaders
- All basic tools (trail, carpentry, and forestry)
- Power tools (chainsaws, brushsaws, generators, etc.)
- General project management
- All transportation costs (vehicle, gasoline, etc.)
- All insurance costs (liability and worker’s compensation)
- All project materials (gravel, lumber, herbicide, etc.)
- Any specialized equipment required for the project
- Additional technical support as needed
- Overall guidance of the project (a minimum of one visit per week)
- Funding to cover a portion of the total cost of the crew
How much does it cost to hire a WisCorps crew?
For each project, we ask that a funding match be provided to cover a portion of the total crew cost in exchange for the work completed. The match works on a sliding scale and ranges from $5,000 -$7,000 per week of work. WisCorps can partner with project sponsors to apply for a variety of grants and other funding, which can help cover both the crew and material costs of your project.
For More Information Contact:
Conservation Program Manager
Or download a Work Project Proposal – Completed project proposals can be mailed to 789 Myrick Park Dr. La Crosse, WI 54601