Position Type: Full-time /Seasonal
Dates: Summer Session: May 29-July 14
Compensation: $350 – $400 per week, plus room & board
For More Info: Contact Andrea Frisch at 608-799-2570 or email@example.com
WisCorps crews complete high priority conservation projects across Wisconsin and the Upper Midwest. Projects may include trail restoration, habitat restoration, invasive species management, and carpentry projects. Crews consist of 4-5 young adult Corps Members led by experienced adult Crew Leaders, who camp and work near their project sites.
As a Crew Leader, you will be responsible for crew safety, ensuring high quality work, building community, crew work ethics, and personal development of the Crew Members, among other responsibilities. You must be comfortable with hard work in tough conditions commonly found living outdoors for weeks at a time.
Crew Leader Responsibilities:
- Supervise, motivate, and mentor a crew of 4-5 youth for 4 weeks at a time
- Work closely with Project Sponsors to ensure proper completion of project goals
- Oversee safety, care, and well-being of your crew on and off the worksite
- Create crew cohesiveness and positive crew culture
- Educate crew about various conservation issues
- Commit to the development of Corps Member leadership skills
- Remain drug, tobacco, and alcohol free while with your crew
Crew Leader Qualifications
- Outdoor leadership experience with youth or young adults
- Highly self-motivated, hardworking, confident, autonomous
- Has a sense of humor, able to think creatively outside of the box
- Proficient communication skills
- Relishes rugged living conditions
- 18 year old minimum
- Good driving record and a valid driver’s license
- Ready to undergo a criminal background check
Apply online with the link above or send a completed application, along with a cover letter and résumé to Andrea Frisch at firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to 789 Myrick Park Drive, La Crosse, WI 54601.