Position Type: 300-Hour AmeriCorps Service, 2 positions available
Position Dates and Hours: Start date and hours per week flexible (latest start date is June 8th)
Position Benefits: Education award upon successful completion of service
Brief position description (full position description available upon request):
Community Enrichment Corps Members will be responsible for providing opportunities through programming for community involvement in environmentally conscious food sourcing. They will spend a majority of their time researching, maintaining and cultivating interest in the WisCorps demonstration garden. Members will also have the opportunity to work for up to one week in the field alongside fellow Corps Members in order to gain experience in other areas of conservation and explore career options. Members will be supported and mentored by headquarters staff and leaders throughout their term of service.
- Assist with development and maintenance of WisCorps’ community demonstration garden
- Research and implement a variety of urban gardening practices to educate students and community members about sustainable and reliable food sources
- Design and implement new programs using the WisCorps Demonstration Garden for different age groups pertaining to urban renewal and community improvement projects
- Assist with planning, scheduling, teaching and general supervision of garden-related programs
- Complete program and event evaluations and keep detailed records of program types and attendance numbers for grant purposes
- Assist in designing and creating publicity for educational programs and events
- Assist in distribution of publicity for upcoming events, programs, and volunteer opportunities
- Assist with website and social media to promote programs and events
Volunteer Recruitment and Management
- Assist with recruitment, training, and evaluation of nonpaid, non-AmeriCorps volunteers who are interested in garden maintenance
- Assist with scheduling and supervision of garden volunteers
- Make sure appropriate records of volunteer hours are kept
For More Info: Emily Post at 608-782-2494 ext. 229 or firstname.lastname@example.org
To Apply: Download paper application and return to WisCorps Headquarters along with resume with references.
Application Deadline: Open until positions are filled
WisCorps, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and service provider. Qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, sexual orientation, national origin, age, ethnic identity, disability, handicap, marital status or veteran status. If you have a disability and need to access this information in an alternative format, or need it translated to another language, please contact us at (608) 782-2494, fax at (608) 782-0606, email at email@example.com, and TDD/TTY or the Wisconsin Relay number at 7-1-1.