Position Type: Seasonal Full Time
2020 Dates: March 2 through August 21(two positions available)
March 30 through August 7 (one position available)
Compensation: $550-600/week (exempt from overtime)
For More Info: Contact Andrea at email@example.com
To Apply: Send your cover letter, resume, and 3 references to Andrea Frisch, Conservation Program Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org
Position Overview: The WisCorps Field Assistant position is a full time/seasonal position based out of the La Crosse, WI headquarters with travel throughout Wisconsin, as well as occasional trips to visit crews in Michigan and Indiana. You will be responsible for supervising Crew Leaders in the field, as well asfor administrative, logistical, and personnel support for 3-4 field crews.
This position will work with each individual Crew Leader to ensure crew safety, high-quality work, positive crew community, a strong crew work ethic, and the personal development of each Crew Member, among other responsibilities. The position duties are 80% field and 20% office. The Member must be comfortable with hard work and long days (including nights/weekends) in outdoor and unpredictable conditions. Field Support Members should expect extensive travel/overnights required throughout the course of the field season.
Field Assistant Responsibilities:
- Supervise 3-4 crews in the field, which includes being on call during non-work hours to respond to crew emergencies or incidents
- Provide technical, logistical, personnel and administrative support for each crew.
- Ensure crew safety, strong crew work ethic, high-quality work, and professionalism on the project site
- Assist with the management of project sponsor relationships including conducting site visits and assisting with communication before, during, and after the project between WisCorps Operations/Conservation Program and project sponsors
- Mentor crew leaders on creating an inclusive and functional crew community
- Assist with planning, implementing, and evaluating Crew Leader Training and Crew Member Orientation
- Remain drug, tobacco and alcohol-free while on duty or while in uniform.
Field Assistant Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Recreation, Conservation,Sustainability, Environmental Science, Education, orrelated degree preferred
- Outdoor Leadership experience with young adultspreferably in a Conservation Corps or Summer Campsetting
- Mentorship and management experience preferred
- Highly self-motivated, hardworking, confident, autonomous
- Has a sense of humor, able to think creatively outside of the box
- Excellent communication skills
- 21-year-old minimum
- Good driving record and a valid driver’s license
- Ready to undergo a criminal background check